Our training sessions for professionals are suitable for staff or volunteers who might come into contact with people who are experiencing eating disorders. Please note that we are currently able to take bookings for Barnsley only.
"Understanding Eating Disorders" sessions will provide staff with an improved knowledge and understanding of eating disorders and some tips and advice for supporting people with an eating disorder, as well as information about sign posting to other support.
We tailor the course to meet the needs of your organisation.
Understanding Eating Disorders - Half Day Course
This session delves into the different types of eating disorders, triggers, and routes to recovery. It will guide you how to spot the signs and provide information on support services available near you.
1. Explore myths and misconceptions.
2. Improved knowledge of eating disorders.
3. Greater understanding of triggers and contributing factors.
4. Improved ability to spot the signs and symptoms of an eating disorder.
3. Increased confidence to talk about eating disorders and related issues.
4. Introduce you to practical tips to implement into your own practice.
5. Awareness of on how to refer to local support services.
Participants receive a pack containing training resources and links to other sources of information along with your certificate of completion.
For more information please contact our Development Manager, Christie Rossiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
One of our students disclosed that she is suffering from an eating disorder and this is now being dealt with. I would love to work with SYEDA again.
PHSE Lead, North Lincolnshire