‘Anyone in South Yorkshire affected by or at risk of an eating disorder can find the support they need for prevention or recovery’.
To ensure that:
· Eating disorders are quickly recognised and understood by those affected or at risk
· Information, guidance, support and therapeutic services are easily accessible to sufferers and carers
· Professional services respond quickly, effectively, and seamlessly to provide the help needed.
· To provide open and accessible information and help for those with an eating disorder
· Prevent EDs from arising by increasing awareness & improving self image
· Support early diagnosis, prompt assessment and early intervention
· Develop clear support pathways and joined-up working between services
· Support carers and help them to provide good care
· Ensure the availability of long-term, post-discharge and relapse prevention support
· Ensure that services are planned strategically and resourced sufficiently to meet need
· Involve service users in the design and delivery of services.