To see if one to one or group therapies are suitable and of help to you we need you to come and see us for an assessment appointment. The following referral criteria applies to clients who want to access more intensive support such as counselling, CBT, Occupational Therapy, dietician and group therapies.
All clients can access our open access support services without the need to refer or be referred, this include; self-help support groups, telephone / email information and advice, book lending , drop in facilities, website downloads.
We are able to offer assessments
- Clients experiencing difficulty with symptoms related to Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, OSFED/EDNOS or Anorexia
- Clients aged 16 and above
- Clients who are not at a severely low weight (ie with a BMI below 17.5 – please feel free to contact us if you are unsure this)
- Clients who are registered with a GP in South Yorkshire
- Carers and family members supporting someone with any type of eating disorder regardless of severity level.
In addition to the above we are unable to offer direct support to clients under the following
- Current active excessive alcohol/substance misuse
- Severe diagnosis of Autism or learning disability
- Who have been receiving complex and long term Psychiatric input
- Who are actively posing a severe risk to themselves and others.
The referral form asks you for a bit of information about the difficulties you are experiencing. Once this is submitted someone from our clinical team will look through the information. We may contact you to discuss the referral before offering you an appointment for an assessment. At an assessment someone from the team will meet with you to discuss what has brought you here and discuss what may be helpful. This is a collaboration between us and you to help you to find the most suitable source of support at that time.
If you are unsure about any of the referral criteria please contact us to discuss this further.