Our training sessions for professionals are suitable for staff or volunteers who might come into contact with people who are experiencing eating disorders.
"Understanding Eating Disorders" sessions will provide staff with an improved knowledge and understanding of eating disorders and some tips and advice for supporting people with an eating disorder, as well as information about sign posting to other support.
We tailor all sessions to meet the needs of your organisation.
This training is for members of the children's workforce including teaching and support staff, health professionals, counsellors and community professionals.
Understanding Eating Disorders
This session delves into the different types of eating disorders, triggers, and routes to recovery. It will guide you how to spot the signs and provide information on support services available near you.
1. Explore myths and misconceptions.
2. Improved knowledge of eating disorders.
3. Greater understanding of triggers and contributing factors.
4. Improved ability to spot the signs and symptoms of an eating disorder.
3. Increased confidence to talk about eating disorders and related issues.
4. Introduce you to practical tips to implement into your own practice.
5. Awareness of on how to refer to local support services.
All of our training for professionals is half a day unless requested otherwise. For all training you will receive a pack containing the presentation, resources and links to other sources of information along with your certificate of completion.
For more information please contact our Education and Training Manager, Christie Rossiter at firstname.lastname@example.org