Volunteers are an important and valued part of SYEDA. Volunteers form a central way in which we are able to deliver and develop our services and fulfill our vision, mission, aims, values and priorities.
We aim to be flexible, to support volunteers to achieve their own personal goals, and to work with volunteers to create the most rewarding volunteering experience possible for the volunteers. To do this, we offer:
- Full training for the role and a certificate of achievement on completion
- Recognition and gratitude for your contribution, and certificates of your involvement and contribution after 6 and 12 months and every 6 months thereafter
- Support with job applications, CVs and references
- Expenses for out-of-pocket costs of volunteering
- Ongoing support and training as needed for the role
- A chance to develop your skills and experience
- A chance to make a real difference to individuals experiencing eating disorders or at risk of experiencing eating disorders
- A chance to help develop and contribute to an important regional charity
WE ARE LOOKING FOR NEW TRUSTEES!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Being a Trustee for SYEDA means joining a small and dedicated team to lead a forward thinking, growing organisation that provides essential services across South Yorkshire.
In this role you will:
- Gain experience of overseeing an operational staff and volunteer team
- Demonstrate a number of skills including team work, leadership and strategic thinking
- Receive a supporting reference of work-related skills from a respected voluntary organisation
- Have opportunities to develop new skills and take on specific roles within the Board
- Lead on specific sub-committees and pieces of development work
- Build awareness and understanding of eating disorders, organisational governance, commissioning and strategic development
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are particular looking for people to fulfil the roles of:
- HR Adviser
- Fundraising Adviser
- Specialist knowledge of Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster
- Specialist knowledge of the Education sector
WHAT’S THE COMMITMENT?
We meet monthly on a Monday evening from 6-8pm. Once elected onto the Board, Trustees serve a term of 3 years before being re-elected. Attendance at occasional away days and contribution to sub committees on a semi-regular basis is also required.
WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a role description.
- Submit an expression of interest form to Jenny Allen (current Chair) email@example.com or call for an informal chat on 0114 236 3552
These are just some of the SYEDA volunteers supporting us at the moment.